Newzoo’s Global Esports & Live Streaming Market Report 2022 | Free Version
This year is on track to be another impressive year for esports growth. Download this free report for key takeaways and high-level insights from our 2022 Global Esports & Live Streaming Market Report, which includes 2022 global esports market sizing, forecasts, insights into mobile esports, blockchain gaming, co-streaming, and much more.
Free Esports & Live Streaming Report Highlights
- In 2022, the global esports audience will grow +8.7% year on year to reach 532 million. Esports enthusiasts—those who watch esports content more than once a month—will account for just over 261 million.
- The number of esports enthusiasts will grow to 318 million in 2025, with a CAGR of +8.1% (2020-2025). In 2025, the total audience will surpass 640 million.
- Esports will generate nearly $1.38 billion in revenues globally by the end of 2022. China accounts for nearly a third of worldwide esports revenues.
- Digital and streaming are the two fastest-growing revenue streams for esports, with 2020-2025 CAGRs of +27.2% and +24.8%, respectively. Growing awareness around digital assets and NFTs will likely boost investment and fan interest in acquiring in-game items of esports IP.
- The key takeaways of the three special focus topics from the full report: How blockchain is unchaining new revenue streams for esports organizations? How mobile esports is opening up opportunities for companies outside mature markets? And how co-streaming is boosting viewership for esports and non-gaming brands alike?
Want to get in on the ground floor of the global esports and live streaming markets? Our 2022 Global Esports & Live Streaming Market Report analyzes the latest games market trends and market developments toward 2025. Market estimates and forecasts, split per game segment, are included for 31 key countries as well as on a global and regional scale.
Got any questions? Reach out to us. We’re happy to help!
More insights on the games & esports industry? Explore more of our free games industry reports.