Sports Economics Networking is publishes scholarly research in the field of sports economics
by Sebahattin Devecioğlu

EKOSPOR
ACADEMIC & BUSINESS
Academic Business Consulting and Marketing Agency
Business Model Innovation for Marketers;
Solution, Access, Value and Education


Exploring the link between sport and economics

wef

Further understanding sports and their link with economics can increase our knowledge of how to use sports in economic development. Much of the sports industry, which can be valuable in promoting social change, has not been given so much attention. Grassroot sports in particular have a lot of potential and support the creative side of economies. In the words of the World Economic Forum, “In general, the category of Sport that can benefit society most is actually not receiving the appropriate levels of support from various stakeholders; however, this could change should the Creative Economy find both economic and social value in investing more in grass roots Sport, where innovative partnership models between the public and private sectors could be effective.”

FIFA Global Transfer Market Report 2018

GTM-cover

The new edition of the FIFA Global Transfer Market Report is now available for free download.
The report offers an overview of global international transfer activity at professional football clubs around the world throughout 2017.

Some highlights of the report:

Spending reached a new high of USD 6.37 billion, 32.7% more than in 2016
A new record was set with 15,624 international transfers, 6.8% more than in 2016, involving 13,415 players of 181 different nationalities
15.8% of transfers involved fees, with the remaining 84.2% free of fees
Most of the increase in global spending is accounted for by the few at the top: about two thirds (67.4%) of the USD 6.37 billion spent came from only 50 clubs from 13 member associations
The report also offers insights into:

Geographical club involvement in international transfers
A case study on three fast-growing markets: Japan, Czech Republic and Hungary
An analysis of the transfers of South American players around the world
Movement of minor players

Click on the button below to go to fifatms.com and download the report for free.

For questions or requests, please contact us at TMSreports@fifa.org

Sorgu: 34 sure: 0.495